What Is Mulch?Mulch is the organic or inorganic material spread over & near the base of plantings and on lawns. Organic mulch could be made from tree bark, wooden chips, pine straw, etc. Inorganic mulch is made of stones, gravel or aggregates, and rubber. There is a distinct advantage to using organic mulch; it breaks down over time and makes the soil nutrient-rich.
But since it decomposes over time, you would need to replace it frequently, which isn’t the case with inorganic mulch. We can provide you information about the different types of mulches. These products also come in different colors, depending on the material used. When we are providing recommendations, we also focus on the aesthetics and suggest mulch that will create a great visual impact.
Benefits of MulchingThere are several benefits to mulching, such as:
- It protects the topsoil from direct exposure to the elements
- Helps retain moisture in the soil
- Deters weed growth
- Organic mulches help increase the nutrient content in the soil
- Help maintain a moderate ground temperature
- Prevents soil erosion
- Adds an attractive look to the landscape
As you can see, there are several benefits to it, and we offer excellent residential and commercial mulching services to clients throughout Northern Ohio.
The Mulching ProcessWe adopt a very systematic approach to mulch applications:
- When applying landscape mulches, we put a 2-4” layer of it close to grass & plant roots.
- We suggest the use of organic mulches and source these from certified nurseries
- The right amounts of mulch are used in the job. Using excessive amounts will suffocate the roots.
- We ensure that the mulches are spread a distance away from the tree trunks.
- Organic mulches are very good for lawns and gardens and lawns, and we carry out these applications expertly.
Cost-Effective Mulching SolutionsAs mentioned earlier, you can choose from mulches of different colors to add beauty and texture to your landscape. We always tailor our solutions and ensure that you are 100% satisfied with the services we provide. The mulches add to the beauty and curb appeal of your property. The beauty and sustainability of your yard depend on many aspects, and mulches help create a stunning impact in these spaces.
It's an excellent way to protect the outdoor spaces from exposure to excessive temperatures, and the colorful surfaces are a pleasure to look at. The mulch also reduces the maintenance aspect of your landscape, which means you spend less time and money on caring for these spaces.
If you are looking for high-quality mulching services, feel free to call Alternative Landscapes at this number- 440-342-6159. You can send us queries, and your project details through this Contact Us form on our website. We look forward to working on your project.